Team Arizona OCC Board Meeting 1/11/18

Team Arizona OCC Board Meeting

Thursday, 1/11/18

Attendance

Andy, Sofia, Diana, Kui, Valerie, Jeff L, Merrily, Terry

Last Meeting Follow-up

N/A

Finance Status

  • Account Balance – $6783.69
  • Upcoming Expenses
    • Boat Storage $3000
    • SCORA & insurance $1000
  • Expected Income
    • Ironman full fundraiser check – $2,400
    • Membership Dues
      • Family – $200 (2 adult + 2 kids)
      • General – $150
      • Student – $100
      • Practicing – $75
      • Keiki – $50
    • Fundraising
      • Committee members – who do we think will be a good member
      • Nominations by board members to TAZ email – due 1/18/18
      • Email notice to see if anyone is interested
      • Leis – Aunty Aloha Lei Stand
      • Cali Races Booth –  FInd non-paddler to run booth
      • Graduations – ASU, High Schools
      • Ironman – Full $2400 Half $600
      • Water Bottles – Not Vodka
      • Raffle for a Trip to Destination
        • $5 to $10 bucks a tickets – sales per paddler – 10 tickets
      • Create an event (Coconuts)
      • Sale raffle tickets at Dragon Boat Event
      • Merrily & Leonard to research 501c3 process – have to stay under SCORA or become our own separate non-profit
      • Sponsorships
        • Sponsorship letter
        • Cutoff date as to when logos show up on canoe/jerseys
        • Coconuts
        • Kimokeo Foundation

Policies

  • Membership Dues – see above
  • Race Fees
    • Due 2 weeks before race day
    • Race Fees $25 (Crystal Pier, MDR, Iron Champs)
    • Kona –  verbal agreement/start financially committing
  • Uniform and Jersey
    • New Design – Email out to club
    • Race Jersey for Racers – Required to purchase
    • Communication when wearing uniform
  • Insurance
    • Certificate of Insurance
  • Waivers
    • Need more waivers for the box. 30 given to Leonard
    • 30 new paddlers from Dragonboat AZ Sungi & Monsoon teams
  • Scora
    • Meeting on January 20th Val and Leonard will be attending. Discussed SCORA proposals for upcoming race season
    • Scora Rep and Alternate for voting purposes
    • Complaint – Members Suing NAC to eliminate Directors
    • No decision on donation to gofundme site until find out more information on what going on.
    • Email from President Kanaka will effect TAZ
    • Concerning 2018 Races for Unlimited Canoes Senior Masters  Men/Womens
    • Unlimited Canoes Rule – Vote No
    • Eliminate Bradleys for 9mans – Vote No
  • TTL
    • Additional Opening Storage for Personal for 1man/ 2man/SUP and share expense.
    • Motion made to pay for a new storage space – Andy/Leonard
    • Vote – unanimous
    • Space for Trailer
    • Keys – need to keep list of who has them (SOFIA)
    • Create agreement for key holder
    • Sofia is the Gate/ Key Keeper
    • $25 for lost keys
    • Ask/Check for Record – Alicia

 

Board Communication

  • Mobile Group Text Messages – Create Group
  • Individual Text message to Clarify  
  • Facebook TAZ 2018 Board – Keep

 

Practice and Coaching Items

  • Schedule
  • First weekday January 16th Tuesday
  • Tuesday 530p launch 6p and Saturday 7:30am launch at 8am
  • Saguaro practice schedule – once a month starting in March
  • Expectations
    • If member doesn’t come to practice, then they will not be allowed to race long course. Come to at least 90% of practices/regular attendance to race long course. Otherwise only do short course.
    • Land drills, crossfit outside of the boat training
    • Racer goals – do both short/long course for more seasoned paddlers
    • Sunday – long course training
  • Attendance
    • Talk about at next meeting
  • Safety Procedures
    • Bailers, Lights, PFDs in the boat verify all safety items
    • Steermans to check boats
  • Roles
    • Assistant Coach – experienced paddlers and modeling one to become future coaches
  • Team Communication
    • Leading Practice – Communication among coach and lead then to the Team

 

Equipment and Maintenance

  • Canoes
  • Andy/Kui – coordinate time to create working list of what needs to happen with all team equipment to discuss at next meeting
    • Trailer
    • Covers
    • Paddles
    • Misc

Upcoming Events

  • Aloha Fest – March 10 and 11 – 10am to 5pm (DIANA)
    • Uncle Kimo – selling Poi – need to confirm approval
    • Boat rides – 10 million insurance policy might be needed, waiting to hear back from Aloha Festival committee
    • OC 1 as display for our booth
    • Sale Leis/ Team Branded items
    • Find Volunteers at team meeting
  • Team Meeting
    • Saturday, Feb 17th – after practice 10:00a @ TTL
    • Sign up of what others are willing to do/goals of paddle season
  • Open House
  • Races

Next Meeting

Thursday, Feb 5th at Diana’s office 6pm