First race of the season is here!
- Final race crew practices before Crystal Pier – 6 pm
- We need everyone to be at practice on Thursday and to stay after to help load canoes.
- We are selling leis and water bottles during the race and need volunteers to help man the booth. Sign up sheet is HERE
- Remember to bring your paddle, a jacket, sunscreen, water, a chair, towels, and food to share. We will have tents and tables for the food.
- If paddlers are interested in doing a post-race paddle on Sunday @ 8:00 AM before heading back to AZ, let Kui know by Thursday, 5/11.
6:00a – TAZ members at race site to unload and rig canoes and set up vendor booth
7:00a – Registration, coffee & breakfast vendors open
7:00a – Merchandise, vendors, silent auctions, and raffle tickets open
8:00a – Novice, junior, and short course steersperson meeting
8:30a – Novice, junior, and short course race starts (approx. 4 miles)
9:00a – Open steersperson meeting
10:00a – Women/coed race starts (approx. 10 miles)
11:30a – lunch starts
12:00p – Men’s race starts (approx 10 miles)
12:00p – Beer garden opens
2:00p – Last raffle prize and silent auction announced
2:30p – Load boats on trailers
3:30p – Awards ceremony – raffle announcements immediately following awards
5:00p – Beer garden closes