Aloha Team Arizona!!
Below are some high level notes from the general meeting held on Saturday, February 9, 2019. If you have any questions or concerns, please contact a board member or coach.
- Carlos gave the name of each canoe along with the meaning. Coaches would like everyone to use the names of the canoes when referencing them (Makaha, Ka ikena, Mai Poina). The canoes are to be respected as part of the team.
- Andy reminded everyone dues are being collected with jerseys included for those racing. He also reminded everyone waivers are needed prior to getting in the canoe. We need both paper and online for everyone.
- Leonard spoke to everyone about our fundraising efforts including Auntie Aloha and sponsorships. If anyone has contacts at schools or businesses, please let Leonard know and he will make sure contact is made.
- Lisa spoke about the upcoming Aloha Festival and the need for volunteers. The event is scheduled for March 9th and 10th. Information will be coming out about this. Also, team members should continue to sell raffle tickets which we make $1 with each ticket sold.
- Kui and Ilona spoke about the upcoming races for the year and expectations for being seated for a race. The document outlining the races TAZ plans to attend along with expectations, are attached.
- Last item discussed is the safety of each paddler. Steers people are responsible in making sure PFDs, bailers, ropes and all needed canoe items are in the canoe prior to going out on the lake. If someone else notices missing items, please assist with making sure they get in the boat.
Team Arizona Outrigger Canoe Club
550 E. Tempe Town Lake, Tempe, Arizona 85281