Aloha Team Arizona!
Practice tonight (Thursday) at 6:00p!
Open House (Saturday 3/18/2017 10:00am)
- We need everyone to be at the lake by 7:00 am (sharp!) to help set up and get ready for the open house. It's important to get the spot by the tree because EVERYONE will start congregating towards it as it gets hotter.
- Club members can practice after we setup.
- Potluck style – please bring a dish to share
- The lake will be VERY busy as Na Leo is also doing their open house on Saturday and the dragonboaters will be getting ready for their race next weekend (see below) so it's best you come EARLY to find parking space.
- This weekend will be in the 90's! Please be aware of it and bring extra water, sunscreen, hats, etc.
- Aside from taking newbies on the water, we'll have rigging stations where we can explain parts of the canoe and seat responsibilities. The purpose of the open house is for us to recruit future members with our experiences on and off the water so bring your best Aloha attitude because these could be our potential Ohana!
- Race Meeting, Tuesday, 3/21 @ 6pm – all members that are interested in racing in SCORA and non-SCORA races this year should attend
- Regular practice, Thursday, 3/23 @ 6pm
- Dragonboat Race – there will be NO PRACTICE next Saturday, 3/25 because of the AZDBA regatta. However, you are welcome to come out Saturday or Sunday to cheer your fellow team members, Stacey, Jose & Kui, as they will be racing. If you want to help with repairs to Virginia in the boat yard, we'll have tents and water on both days.
A hui hou!
Team Arizona Outrigger Canoe Club
550 E. Tempe Town Lake, Tempe, Arizona 85281