Racer 2018 Expectation
Come to practice ON-TIME and give it your 100%! Head Coach Kui will be determining who will be racing and whether long or short course for each race this season. No Race Paddler has a guaranteed seat for any race. Show us you have what it takes to get a seat on the canoe. Every Race Paddler should be accountable for themselves and their team on and off the water. Doing non-practice workouts and eating right should be in your workout regimen. The results will show on the water!
- Racer Information/Tasks
- New Paddlers need register for SCORA ID HERE. Then complete the Smart Wavier HERE before the END OF THIS WEEK
- Team Arizona OCC Race Paddler Expectation Attachment. Read and Understand. These tasks are to be completed by the Racer Paddler.
- 2018 Race Calendar Attachment – Dates for Practice and Race Schedules/ Events and Race Fees
- Please let Assistant Coach Amy know your schedules for races and expectation list requirements.
Tuesdays @ – open practice
Thursdays @ Come early! Coach Kui will be there at 5p. – racers only – We need to get the amas and iakos rigged. If you're a newbie to racing, this is an invaluable lesson. If you've done it before, come help teach. EVERY racer needs to know how to rig and WILL participate before every race. We will practice unrigging and rigging EVERY weekend until all racers know how.
Saturdays @ – open practice – NO PRACTICE THIS – Dragon Boat FESTIVAL
Saguaro Practice –
- Our first long distance practice will be @ Saguaro Lake. Race paddlers should be at Butcher Jones @ 6:30a, open/recreation paddlers @ 9:00a. We will be doing a potluck/picnic after practice.
- Please let Amy know if you're going to be there so we can balance out paddlers.
- Reminder – get your Tonto parking pass before heading to Saguaro.
OC1/OC2 Practice – Starting April 7th and continually, Sign-up with Coach Kui or Amy in advance
- Long Course – 3 miles (1 Lap around), Twice a month.
- Short Course- 3 miles (1 Lap around), Once a month.
- Please see Race Paddler Expectation Attachment
- Please make sure you pay your dues ASAP. Information can be found and payment online HERE or see Diana to pay in person or set up a payment plan.
Please contact Head Coach Kui or Assistant Coach Amy for more questions or concerns other than what is on this email.
See you Racers at 5pm tomorrow!!
🐚A Hui Hou 🌺
Team Arizona Outrigger Canoe Club
550 E. Tempe Town Lake, Tempe, Arizona 85281