Here's this week's update. Minutes from our board meeting can be found HERE. If you are interested in learning more about what it means to be on the board or being on a committee, please see any board member or coach for more information.
- We are again volunteering at both the 1/2 and full Ironman races. It is because of this event that we can keep our membership dues low, maintain our canoes and pay for lake fees so we need ALL members to volunteer for each event. Please make sure when you are signing up that you are signing up for one of our sections as listed below.
- Ilona (Run Station), Amy (Women's change tent), and Stacia (Bike in/out) – each need a co-captain to help manage their sections and learn what it takes to run them. Please either reach out to them directly or any board member for more details.
- Ironman 70.3 (1/2) – Sunday, 10/21 – bike course pointers – volunteer sign up
- Ironman – Saturday 11/17 & Sunday, 11/18 – we need volunteers for the Women's change tent, Bike in/out and Run station #9. – volunteer sign up
- Tuesday / Thursday – open practice @ 6:00pm
- Saturday – open practice @ 6:00am
- Sundays – if you have a 1-man, 2-man or SUP – join us for Small Craft Sunday @ 7:00am
- Please remember to use the Heja app to let your coaches know if you are making it to practice. We will be using it to mark your ADR practices (See below)
- REMINDER – bring plenty of water to practice. It is hot out there so make sure you hydrate every day – practice or not.
- Until October 1st, we ask that Keikis not come to practice because of the heat. Juniors (16+) that raced this year are still allowed to come to practice.
Another Dam Race – Saturday, November 3rd
- If you have not yet paid for your race fees but are interested in doing this race, you need to let Kui and/or Amy know ASAP.
- If you missed Saturday's meeting, you need to check in with Kui or Amy about the training schedule and standards paddlers will have to meet as we have more people wanting to race than seats available.
A Hui Hou!!
Team Arizona Outrigger Canoe Club
550 E. Tempe Town Lake, Tempe, Arizona 85281