Just a few updates and reminders for the week!
Our first general meeting is this Saturday at 8:00 a.m. at the lake. There will be practice at 6:00 a.m. & immediately after the meeting as well. Please sign up on Heja to reserve your spot.
Please do not forget your membership dues. You can pay online (TAZOCC.com) or arrange with Diana payments, if needed. Please remember this helps us pay for on-going fees with the City of Tempe as well as insurance for each member. The fees are as follows:
- $175 – single membership with a jersey
- $225 – family membership with one jersey
- $250 – family membership with two jerseys
- $100 – non-racing member and student (does not include jersey)
- $25 – jersey fee for adults (for additional jersey above one included with membership dues)
- $10 – jersey fee for keiki
Aloha Festival is approaching quickly. This is the best opportunity we have for recruitment and to show our community what Team Arizona is all about. Lisa will be coordinating the festival volunteers and logistics. There will be a need during the Festival for everyone to volunteer at the booth for a shift or two as well as help paddle a canoe and tents to and from Tempe Beach Park. Here is some high level information for the Festival…
Aloha Festival Schedule:
- March 8th: We will need a crew to paddle the wa'a over to the park to set it up. There will be other set up tasks for this day.
- March 9th: We will need to have at least 4-6 volunteers for each shift, the festival runs from 10:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Shifts will be set up soon. We'll discuss further at the general meeting. We will be selling lei's and possibly shirts to raise funds for our club.
- March 10th: Same as the 9th but we will need help breaking down at the end of the Festival. Lisa will provide drinks and snacks to keep you hydrated and satisfied both days.
Aloha Festival raffle tickets: The team will allocate 10 per person and when they are all sold, we can sell more.
The cost: Raffle tickets are $5 each and Team Arizona will retain $1 for every ticket sold. This is a great fundraiser for TAZ. To date, Lisa has sold 30 since she got them on Thursday.
The prize: Airline tickets on Hawaiian for $1500 to Maui and a 5 night stay at the Maui Aston Mahana at Kaanapali Resort for two. Two sets of vacation winners will be announced.
Call Lisa to volunteer: 602-369-7307 or email me at HCZlisa@gmail.com. The more we showcase our ohana as a whole, the more we'll gain new members and have an influence on Tempe Town Lake and the community.
Lastly, remember we have added in Tuesday practices to get you all ready to race or just have another day of fun on the water. Here is your practice schedule currently:
Tuesday evening: 6:00 p.m.
Thursday evening: 6:00 p.m.
Saturday morning: 8:00 a.m.
See you on the water!
Team Arizona Outrigger Canoe Club
550 E. Tempe Town Lake, Tempe, Arizona 85281