We hope everyone had wonderful weekend at Saguaro Lake and Easter Sunday. We've got lots of updates for this month as race season starts!
TAZ Jerseys 2018
- We are ordering new jerseys and need your opinions with the design. We will send out a separate email to cast your vote. If you have a design email us!
- Men's short sleeve, men's sleeveless and lady's racerback jerseys will cost $20.00 each. Long Sleeve jerseys will be $25.00. Both will be in the same Royal Blue color and polyester/spandex material we've used over the years. We will be collecting orders and payments due by April 14th, 2018. If you are racing this year jerseys are mandatory at all races.
- Please contact Diana or Kui to confirm your size and place your order.
Canoe Pick-Up Volunteers
- We are asking for 8 strong volunteers to help get canoes from Salton Sea, CA. We have a great opportunity from our friends at Salton Sea to borrow 2 malia canoes and a 4man for our team to use. As our team grows with more paddlers, it means we need more canoes. Big Mahalo to Kai Wai Outrigger for their assistance.
- Day Trip from Tempe, AZ to Salton Sea, CA and Back to AZ (8 to 10 hours total) on Saturday, April 21st, 2018
- Please let Coach Kui know. We will be using two vehicles to carpool.
- Crystal Pier HanoHano Race is on May 12th, 2018. Itinerary will be sent out to all paddlers racing.
- Race Fees are due April 28th, 2018 – $25.00
- TAZ will have our Aunty Aloha's Leis booth at Crystal Pier Race. If you are planning on going to the race but aren't racing, we will need your help manning the booth this year. See Diana for more details and to sign up to volunteer.
- With the new Malia canoes coming in, we will need to make extra wooden cradles for their storage at the lake. We will also be building shorter cradles just for traveling/trailering purposes. If you can help (we can teach you!), bring your sanders, jigsaw, drills, paint brushes and meet at Kui and Diana's April 14th at 12p. Pool and BBQ are available AFTER work is done.
Tuesday 6pm -Open Practice
Thursday 6pm – Racer's Practice
Saturday – 7am Racer's / 9am Open Practice
Sunday 8am – Racer's Practice
OC1/OC2 Practice – Starting April 7th,2018 and continually, Sign-up with Coach Kui or Amy in advance
- Short Course – 3miles ( 1 Lap around) Once a month
- Long Course – 3miles (1 Lap around) Twice a month
- TAZ Jerseys
- April 14th, 2018 Orders and Payments Due
- Pay Online or please see Diana
- April 14th, 2018 cradle making at Kui and Diana's 8144 E Mulberry St, Scottsdale, AZ 85251
- April 21st, 2018 Canoe Pick-up at Salton Sea, CA.
- Saguaro Lake Practice April 28th,2018
- 6:30am – Race Practice
- 9am – Open Practice
- Crystal Pier Hanohano Race
- Race Fees Due April 28th, 2018 – Pay Online or Contact Diana
- Crystal Pier HanoHano Race Day May 12th, 2018
Our most recent Board Minutes can be found HERE or check out our website for other details www.tazocc.com
**Reminder to all paddlers if you have not completed your Smart Waviers you will not be allowed in the canoes. This is a safety and insurance issue that applies to all Team Arizona OCC Paddlers**
Team Arizona Outrigger Canoe Club
550 E. Tempe Town Lake, Tempe, Arizona 85281