We have lots going on so please read through everything. Board notes can be found here for more detail.
– Over the next 2 weeks, practice schedule for all paddlers will be Tuesday, Thursday at 6:00pm and Saturday at 8:00am. If you have any questions about practices, please speak to one of the coaches.
– This Saturday's (4/8) practice – Amy and Andy will be running practice since our coaches Jose & Kui will be doing the Tough Mudder. Stacia, Ilona, Lucie & Carlos will be joining them so let's cheer them all on!!
Crystal Pier Race – Saturday, May 13th
– If you are planning on racing, $25 race fees are due by Friday, April 21st. This covers the cost of the race fee + trailing the canoe. Keiki race fee is $9.
– We will be running a vendor booth at the race selling leis, hats and water bottles. We will be sending out a sign up sheet for volunteers to help with the booth so if you are planning on attending the race – please let us know.
– We will also need 2 volunteers in the morning and 2 in the afternoon to help SCORA setup and break down. We will be attending 6 SCORA races this year, please schedule a time to volunteer for at least 1 slot. It's not a lot of work but SCORA is extremely grateful.
SCORA waivers & registration
– If you are paddling and/or racing this year, you must go to the SCORA website and register. Even if you have registered in years past, you must register each year using this link https://www.scoraregistration.
July 4th Volunteering
– We are trying to decide if we're participating in this year's event. We need to know if there is interest in volunteering to help at the Tempe July 4th Festival. Shift is from 4:30 – 9:30. We need to know by Friday, April 21st if you are interested. Please reply to this email if interested.
– A lei making party will be held at Diana & Kui's on Saturday, May 6th after practice. More details will be sent closer to the date.
– if you need a new or extra shirt this year (the one with the A in the front), please email/message Kui with your size. We will make an order in the next week and Kui will have them available to be paid on our website.
A Hui Hou!
Team Arizona Outrigger Canoe Club
550 E. Tempe Town Lake, Tempe, Arizona 85281